Does insurance cover if your engine blows up?

Does insurance cover if your engine blows up?

When you drive your car, you’re relying on it to get you from A to B. But what happens if something goes wrong, and your engine blows up? What if you’re driving down the road and suddenly your car just dies? If you’re not properly insured, you may be out of luck. This is why it’s important to have car insurance that covers engine failures. You never know when something might go wrong and leave you stranded on the side of the road.

What is covered under insurance

There are a few things that are typically covered under car insurance, such as property damage and injuries. However, what about if your engine blows up? In most cases, this would not be considered property damage or an injury, so it might not be covered. In fact, some policies might even exclude coverage for engine failure. If you’re unsure whether your policy covers engine failure, you can always contact your insurer to get more information.

What is not covered under insurance

If your engine blows up, does insurance cover you? Unfortunately, many people believe that their policy will cover them in the event of a burst engine. However, this is not always the case.

In most cases, insurance companies will only cover damage to the property where the accident occurred. This means that if your engine blows up while driving down the street, your policy may not cover any damages to your car or yourself. Additionally, some policies may not even cover damage done to other cars or people nearby.

How to find out if your engine blows up

There are a few ways to find out if your engine blows up. One way is to drive the car and see if the engine dies or starts having problems. Another way is to take the car to a mechanic and have them check the engine. If you think your engine may be blowing up, you should call your insurance company and tell them about the issue. They may be able to give you a free inspection or offer you coverage for the cost of repair.

How to file a claim

In the event that your engine blows up, you may be able to file a claim with your insurance company. Keep in mind that not all policies will cover this type of accident, so it is important to read your policy carefully. In general, the following are some things to keep in mind when filing a claim:

– Make sure you have all the information you need to support your claim, including photographs or video footage of the accident if possible.
– Be prepared to provide your insurer with a detailed description of what happened and how it affected your vehicle.
– If you were driving at the time of the accident, be sure to provide proof of ownership (such as a driver’s license) and proof of insurance (such as a recent policy statement).

What to do if you don’t have insurance

If you don’t have insurance, don’t panic. There are a few things you can do to protect yourself if your engine blows up.

First, make sure you have a copy of your car’s ownership document, or the registration card if it’s a car that was bought used. This will help prove who is responsible in the event of an accident.

Second, call your insurance company and tell them that you don’t have coverage and why. Explain that you were unaware of the policy’s exclusion for engine breakdowns, and ask them to offer you a replacement policy at a discounted rate.

Finally, be prepared to take care of yourself and your vehicle if something goes wrong. Have an emergency roadside kit stocked with basic supplies like food, water, and fuel resistant clothing. And remember: always drive defensively when behind the wheel!


If you’re like most people, the answer to this question is probably “it depends.” If you have comprehensive or collision coverage, your car insurance company may cover the cost of repairing or replacing your engine. However, if you only have liability coverage, your car insurance company might not pay anything if your engine blows up. In many cases, it’s a good idea to talk to your insurer about what kind of coverage is available to you before getting your car repaired.

OLR | CGA | DOL | Blog

Copyright © 2024

Privacy policy